Energy Benchmarking Pilot Program
Discover where to save energy, and money in your building
We are excited to bring building owners of Nova Scotia the Energy Benchmarking Pilot Program, a program improving building efficiency by allowing you to better track and understand energy consumption. ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager® has been selected as the tool for energy benchmarking, reporting, and disclosure for the Pilot. Portfolio Manager® is a free, secure, web-based tool that allows building owners to better understand the performance of their buildings, while finding areas for optimization.
Who will benefit from this program?
- Multi-Unit Residential Buildings Owners
- Commercial Building Owners
- Institutional Building Owners
- Building Operators and Managers
Join and discover the good things efficiency brings
- Track & manage energy/water/waste consumption
- Identify potential areas for improvement, optimization, and savings
- Maintain your competitive edge by identifying how well your building is using energy compared to similar buildings in the area
- Quickly generate reports on your building and share with potential buyers
- Get support from Efficiency Nova Scotia throughout the program
- Potentially receive awards & recognition for program participation
Follow the steps of the ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager® to complete the energy model of your building(s).
Once you’ve completed your building model in ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager, share your data with us by accessing the Portfolio Manager Data Request link from your welcome email.