LEEP Technical Forum
The construction industry is slowly but steadily moving towards more energy efficient buildings. The Local Energy Efficiency Partnerships (LEEP) Team from Natural Resources Canada, in collaboration with Efficiency Nova Scotia and the Nova Scotia Department of Energy and Mines, will be hosting a 1 day Technical Forum that was developed in consultation with local builders to take a deep dive into wall and mechanical systems and what is required to take them to Net Zero Ready program levels.
At this Forum, you will:
- Learn how Atlantic builders are using LEEP to challenge manufacturers to better meet their needs.
- See costed best practice examples for a case study home for 2 wall systems and 2 heat pump systems (each from competing manufacturers).
- Learn about factors to consider in selecting and designing wall systems from local experts.
- Learn about mechanical system sizing, and new cost effective duct distribution approaches.
- Get an overview of what is happening in Net Zero and other forms of high performance housing nationally and in our region.
- Work with your peers to judge what you hear and consider energy performance improvements you are interested in on your next builds.
When: February 19, 2020
Time: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm (lunch will be provided)
Where: Best Western, 15 Spectacle Lake Drive, Dartmouth, NS
To register please email email@example.com by February 14th.