Rebates and financing to help you switch from electric heat to a ductless mini-split heat pump - and start saving money!
Efficient heating systems like ductless heat pumps can save you hundreds of dollars per year, using less energy.
Ductless mini-split heat pumps are a great solution if you already use electric or hot water baseboard heat systems. In addition to saving you money, ductless systems:
- Give you more comfort (with temperature control over different zones in your house)
- Don’t require ducts throughout the home
- Deliver heating, cooling, and dehumidification
Rebates are available through either:
To find the product that’s right for you, find a contractor through our Efficiency Partner Network.
We offer rebates or financing to products on the Efficiency Nova Scotia Heat Pump Product List.
Ductless mini-split heat pumps incentives are based on a high performance, cold climate specification, including:
- Single-zone systems must have an HSPF:
- Region 4 greater than or equal to 11.0
- Region 5 greater than or equal to 9.565
- Multi-zone systems must have an HSPF:
- Region 4 greater than or equal to 10.0
- Region 5 greater than or equal to 8.696
- ENERGY STAR® certified (version 5.0)
- The Coefficient of Performance at -15°C outdoors and 21°C indoors must be greater than or equal to 1.75
Upgrading your traditional home heating system to a properly sized and installed heat pump can often help reduce your heating [...]
Typical Space & Water Heating Costs Average single family residence (1,700 square feet, 4 people) Knowing your options will help [...]
For New Home Construction See comparisons of initial purchase and longer-term operating costs for various heating systems – including oil, heat [...]
Two thirds of Nova Scotians do not heat with electricity. Answer the questions below for energy saving tips to help you reduce your energy use and better understand your heating system.