Rebates or financing to help you switch from electric heat to a pellet furnace - and start saving money!
Pellet-heat can save you money compared to electric heat. And you’re using a sustainable fuel source, made right here in Nova Scotia – so heating dollars stay closer to home. Good for your wallet, good for the environment.
A pellet furnace:
- Uses pellets – cleaner, more convenient, and less bulky than firewood
- Helps sustain Nova Scotia’s economy, and improve its energy security
Rebates are available through either:
To find the product that’s right for you, find a contractor through our Efficiency Partner Network.
- Meets either CSA-B415.1-10 or US EPA 40CFR Part 60 AAA standard certification.
- EPA or CSA certified with an emissions rating of ≤ 4.5 g/hr or ≤ 0.40g/MJ for TPM.
- Installed by a Wood Energy Technology Transfer (WETT) certified professional with “Technician” or “Sweep” certification or inspected and approved by a WETT certified inspector.
- Please Note: Outdoor wood/pellet furnaces or boilers are not eligible for rebates or financing.
- Equipment should be properly sized, have the right chimney / exhaust, ventilation and be properly installed. A WETT certified professional can help you select the proper equipment.
- Remember to notify your home issuance provider of the upgrades to ensure there are no changes in your coverage.
We offer rebates to homes that are electrically heated.
From lighting to heating systems and everything in between, this calculator helps you understand how electricity is used in your [...]
Typical Space & Water Heating Costs Average single family residence (1,700 square feet, 4 people) Knowing your options will help [...]
For New Home Construction See comparisons of initial purchase and longer-term operating costs for various heating systems – including oil, heat [...]