Rebates and financing to help you switch to a pellet stove - and start saving money!
Pellet-heat can reduce your heating bill by up to 60%. And you’re using a sustainable, carbon-neutral fuel source that is made right here in Nova Scotia, so heating dollars stay closer to home. Good for your wallet, good for the environment.
A pellet boiler:
- Uses pellets – cleaner, more convenient, and less bulky than firewood
- Helps sustain Nova Scotia’s economy, and improve its energy security
Rebates are available through either:
To find the product that’s right for you, find a contractor through our Efficiency Partner Network.
- Meets either CSA-B415.1-10 or US EPA 40CFR Part 60 AAA standard certification.
- EPA or CSA certified with an emissions rating of ≤ 4.5 g/hr or ≤ 0.40g/MJ for TPM.
- Installed by a Wood Energy Technology Transfer (WETT) certified professional with “Technician” or “Sweep” certification or inspected and approved by a WETT certified inspector.
- Please Note: Outdoor wood/pellet furnaces or boilers are not eligible for rebates or financing.
- Equipment should be properly sized, have the right chimney / exhaust, ventilation and be properly installed. A WETT certified professional can help you select the proper equipment.
- Remember to notify your home issuance provider of the upgrades to ensure there are no changes in your coverage.