Get custom recommendations on your building plans to help improve the energy efficiency of your new home, plus receive up to $5,000 in rebates.
All for only $99
If you’re building a new home, we can help make it more energy efficient and comfortable.
- A certified Energy Advisor will review your building plans.
- You will receive customized recommendations to improve the energy efficiency of your design.
- Depending on the efficiency of your new home, you could receive up to $5,000 in rebates.
- You also get an EnerGuide rating that tells you (and future buyers) that your home knows how to save money.
For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll free: 1-877-999-6035.
Simply call one of our efficiency partners to complete and submit an application.
Please note, your application must be submitted before or within 30 days of receiving your building permit.
1-855-839-7775 or 902-701-5578 (in HRM)
1-844-469-0687 or 902-701-6737 (in HRM)
Amerispec Home Inspection Services
Province-wide (Except Cape Breton and Yarmouth County)
1-844-432-0077 or 902-708-0436 (in HRM)
Homesol Building Solutions
Mainland Nova Scotia excluding Yarmouth, Shelburne, and Digby Counties
1-855-973-0954 or 902-708-0441 in Halifax area
- Our efficiency partner will complete your initial assessment and evaluate your building plans. A Certified Energy Advisor will be assigned to you or your builder and will make recommendations to incorporate energy efficiency technologies into your build. Efficiency Nova Scotia covers more than 80% of the cost of the assessment so it only costs you $99 + HST.
- Build your home and have your Certified Energy Advisor conduct a follow up Energy Assessment within 12 months of your application approval date.
- Either the homeowner or builder may register the home. The rebate will go to the homeowner, unless it has been assigned to the builder by the homeowner.
Think win-win-win. An energy efficient home is:
- Less expensive to operate
- More comfortable to live in
- More environmentally friendly
Save your money.
After reviewing your building plans, your Certified Energy Advisor works like a detective – searching for any opportunities to save money and energy. And depending on the level of efficiency of your home, you can receive up to $5,000 in incentives.
Integrating good design, a high performance building envelope, and energy efficient technologies into new construction can keep your house warmer and more comfortable in every room – for less money.
Save our environment.
Because every kilowatt of electricity you use is up to 70% fossil fuel-based, any upgrade you make to your home is also an upgrade to our environment. In Nova Scotia, a plan for a more energy efficient home is a plan for fewer greenhouse gas emissions in our air.
We offer the $99 service, recommendations, and rebates to homes that are:
- Registered before or within 30 days of receiving a building permit
You can pursue ENERGY STAR or R2000 certification, or have your home rated using the EnerGuide rating system. The certification or rating achieved will define your incentive:
ENERGY STAR, or
30% better than code for homes less than or equal to 1,200 ft squared, or
45% better than code for homes greater than 1,200 ft squared
45% better than code for homes less than or equal to 1,200 ft squared, or
60% better than code for homes greater than 1,200 ft squared
- Once registered, you have one year from your registration date to complete construction of the home and have the final energy assessment performed.
- Either the builder or the homeowner may register the home, but the rebate will go to the owner unless the homeowner assigns the rebate to the builder.
Passive House Pilot
Due to the success of the Passive House pilot, this initiative is currently at capacity and no longer accepting registrations.
If you are planning to build to the Passive House standard, please consider the following:
- Contact one of the certified Passive House consultants listed below to help you design your home to the Passive House standard
- Email email@example.com to be notified of any future program offerings for Passive House
- Consider registering your project in the New Home Construction program, which has rebates of up to $5,000 available.
Certified Passive House Consultants do not work for Efficiency Nova Scotia. The individuals listed are independent consultants that are solely responsible for the performance and quality of their work. Efficiency Nova Scotia does not guarantee and is not responsible for any work performed by the consultants listed.
Find out how Efficiency Nova Scotia is helping new home owners save energy and money with an in-depth look at [...]
Small changes to your building plans can have a big impact on the lifelong operating costs of your new home. [...]
The homeowners wanted to save money and energy and increase the value of their home. With help from Efficiency Nova Scotia, they [...]
What’s the deal with heat pumps? Heat pumps are a very efficient technology and now with the availability of ductless [...]
Types of Insulation 1. Rolls and Batts Rolls and batts — or blankets — are flexible products made from [...]
High performance, energy efficient homes built today are comfortable, have affordable energy costs, and provide superior indoor air quality. This [...]
If you are thinking about building a new home – consider a Passive House. Your pocket will thank you in [...]