Energy Savings for your business this holiday season
- Give yourself the gift of an HVAC “tune-up”. By doing routine maintenance you can save energy and money, while extending the life of your HVAC system.
- When decorating the office for the holidays, make sure to use energy efficient lighting such as LEDs. LEDs use up to 80% less energy than other types of lighting and last much longer.
- Use power strips and timers for your holiday decorations. This will make it easier to turn them off at the end of the day or when your business is closed.
- For decorations that need batteries, use rechargeable batteries rather than single use type batteries. Rechargeable batteries are more cost effective and can be used even after the holiday season.
- Install a programmable thermostat and make sure to adjust the heating if your business is closed for the holidays. There’s no need to keep the temperature at the same level you would when employees are working.
- Turn off unused equipment if your business is closed for the holidays. If you’re not working, neither should your equipment.
- Treat yourself to an energy audit. Before we get into the costly heating season do an energy audit to see where you could be saving to keep your electricity bill from skyrocketing.