Green Heat Terms and Requirements
Overall Program Eligibility:
- Equipment must be new, installed and in service, and all rebate documents received within 90 days of purchase and installation.
- Homes must be existing (at least six months past the occupancy permit) single family homes used year round; including detached homes, row houses, duplexes, individual condo units, and mobile homes. Garages, new construction projects and additions are not eligible for incentives.
- Participants must install all equipment as well as all peripheral equipment required to operate the system (stove/ insert, chimney, venting, required safety features, etc.). Installations must meet all applicable codes.
- For participants installing wood, pellet, centrally ducted heat pump, geothermal, air-to-water heat pump, or Solar Thermal space heating equipment, your home must be primarily electrically heated.
- For participants installing Solar Thermal domestic water heating (SDHW) equipment, your domestic water must be electrically heated only.
- Only mini-split heat pump systems on Efficiency Nova Scotia Cold Climate Heat Pump list are eligible for incentives.
- Furnace ducts and hot water pipes being installed should be kept within the building envelope. If this is not an option, pipes and/or ducts must be properly sealed and insulated.
- Applicant must be the owner of the home that is to receive heating upgrades and must be willing to complete a survey or receive an inspection of the home, to verify the equipment installed.
- Homeowners must allow Efficiency Nova Scotia to gain energy usage information from their utility.
- Efficiency Nova Scotia reserves the right to decline rebates where it is determined that the system will not meet performance potential.
- The Applicant must submit the following rebate documents to be eligible for rebates: (1) Green Heat Application, (2) Proof of Purchase, (3) Photos of the system (4) a copy of an electric bill and other information deemed necessary by Efficiency Nova Scotia to adequately review the rebate request.
- Proof of Purchase, includes invoice(s) [which meet the Green Heat Quote and Invoice Guidelines]. Note: Nova Scotia Power Lease Agreements do qualify as a proof of purchase.
- Participation in the Home Energy Assessment program or New Home Construction program precludes homeowners from receiving rebates for the same upgrades in other Efficiency Nova Scotia programs. Only rebates from one program will be issued for any particular measure.
- Rebates are not available for the replacement of working equipment. If replacing non-working equipment contact Efficiency Nova Scotia prior to purchasing new equipment to verify eligibility and an incentive.
Release of Information
I hereby consent and acknowledge that:
- I am the registered owner of the home where the system is installed and that all information on this form provided to Efficiency Nova Scotia is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. Any willful misstatement may be cause for the rejection and cancellation of my application.
- I have read and agree to all program eligibility criteria listed on the pages that make up this rebate application.
- I understand that I will only receive incentives on installed equipment that meets the required efficiency standards (or maximum emissions standards) set by Efficiency Nova Scotia as part of this program.
- My current electrical utility is hereby authorized to release to Efficiency Nova Scotia my billing account information, including such details as the name of the account and the number of kilowatt hours of electrical consumption pertaining to the residence of the above noted homeowner.
- Efficiency Nova Scotia, its agents or auditors may contact me for the purposes of program administration, implementation and evaluation and/or provide me with further information on this or other conservation-related program.
- Efficiency Nova Scotia is a franchise operated by Efficiency One, official Licensee of the Province of Nova Scotia. By providing your consent you agree to release your personal information to the current and successive holders of the Efficiency Nova Scotia franchise.