Terms and Conditions Before Purchase Application
I hereby consent and acknowledge that:
- Rebates are for new equipment only, cannot be combined with any other Efficiency Nova Scotia offer and are subject to change without notice.
- Program funding is limited and will be allocated by Efficiency Nova Scotia in a manner that best serves the intent of funding. To be eligible for rebates: products must be installed in a non-residential building serviced by a Nova Scotia electric utility and products installed must reduce electrical consumption.
- Efficiency Nova Scotia may at its sole discretion, approve or reject any rebate at any time.
- Cogeneration, self-generation, demand-limiting, power factor correction and fuel switching are not eligible for rebates.
- Pre-approval is required for financing and prior to purchase for a total rebate amount greater than $15,000.
- The Applicant must submit the following to be eligible for rebates: (a) Commercial Product Rebate Application (Before you buy), (b) Applicable Worksheets, (c) Detailed Quote, (d) Final detailed invoice with proof of purchase (e) Proof of purchase from the distributor or retailer along with the contractors invoice on the eligible products that were approved by Efficiency Nova Scotia (f) Project Completion Form (g) A copy of an electric bill showing the Nova Scotia Rate Code and other information deemed necessary by Efficiency Nova Scotia to adequately review the rebate request.
- Detailed Quote and invoices include the size, type, manufacturer, model or part number,purchase date, and vendor of the efficient equipment. Efficiency Nova Scotia reserves the right to verify sales transactions.
- The Applicant will provide Efficiency Nova Scotia with reasonable access to the Installation Address to inspect the product installation. Efficiency Nova Scotia reserves the right to withhold, revise or reclaim any rebate until it has performed a satisfactory post-installation verification.
- Efficiency Nova Scotia may require the sharing and exchange of information between Efficiency Nova Scotia and third parties such as the Applicant’s electricity provider. In applying and receiving rebates, the Applicant hereby irrevocably consents to the release, use, storage and exchange of information between Efficiency Nova Scotia and necessary third parties, including, but not limited to name(s), addresses, electricity usage history, credit reports, and phone number, for the purposes of administering rebates.
- Efficiency Nova Scotia does not guarantee the performance of installed equipment expressly or implicitly.
- Efficiency Nova Scotia does not endorse any particular manufacturers, products, or system designs in promoting this program.
- Allow 60 days for delivery of payment. Submitting an application form with incomplete or missing information will delay processing of payment.
- Maximum payment will not exceed 50 per cent of the equipment purchase price. Applicants and/or contractors are responsible for all costs associated with sales tax, installation, and disposal/recycling. Applicant is responsible for any tax liability of rebate payment.
- Rebates can only be paid directly to the end-user.
- I certify that all equipment for which I am requesting a rebate has been installed within the last 90 days(unless applying for pre-approval), that the products meet the eligibility requirements for rebates, and that all information submitted as part of this application, including proof of purchase, is correct to the best of my knowledge.
- Efficiency Nova Scotia is a franchise operated by EfficiencyOne, official Licensee of the Province of Nova Scotia. By completing and submitting this form, I agree to release my personal information to the current and successive holders of the Efficiency Nova Scotia franchise.
- Administration requires the sharing and exchange of information between my electricity provider and Efficiency Nova Scotia. I hereby consent to the release, use, storage and exchange of information between Efficiency Nova Scotia and my electricity provider, including, but not limited to, my name, address, electricity Usage history, and phone number, including such information on all accounts I have with my electricity provider, for the purposes of determining eligibility for, and administering Small Business Energy Solutions. Such information may continue to reside on Efficiency Nova Scotia’s computer system as well as my electricity provider’s.
- Efficiency Nova Scotia may contact me by phone, email, direct mail (or similar method) for the purposes of administration, implementation and evaluation and/or provide me with further information on this or other similar conservation-related services.
- I understand that participation in Efficiency Nova Scotia programs is subject to availability of funds, goals and the eligibility of the business under the service guidelines.
- I understand and acknowledge that it is my responsibility to obtain all relevant permits required to install said equipment and to choose a qualified installation professional or contractor who maintains the required certifications necessary to safely complete installation of said equipment.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- To be eligible for rebates and financing options (if applicable) pre-approval is required prior to purchase and installation.
- Contractor(s) hired by the Company will install at the Customer’s Facility the electricity construction measures agreed upon by the Customer and Contractor. The Contractor shall permanently disable all lamps, ballasts, and fixtures replaced surrounding this agreement.
- New construction projects are not eligible for incentives in this program
- Efficiency Nova Scotia’s maximum rebate payment will not exceed 60 per cent of the eligible equipment purchase and its associated installation costs. Applicants and/or contractors are responsible for all costs associated with sales tax, and disposal/ recycling. The Applicant is responsible for any tax liability of rebate payment.
- The total energy consumption of the facility must be less than 350,000 kWh annually.