Affordable Housing – Terms and Conditions
Affordable Multifamily Housing Program Terms and Conditions
Affordable Housing Operating Agreement
- The Applicant must understand and agree to all terms and conditions specified in the Affordable Housing Operating Agreement relevant to their property type;
Affordable Housing Operating Agreement (1-3 Units)
Affordable Housing Operating Agreement (4+ Units)
General Terms and Conditions
- Program funding is limited and will be allocated by Efficiency Nova Scotia in a manner that best serves the intent of funding. To be eligible for rebates, products must be installed in a multifamily building serviced by a Nova Scotia electric utility and products installed must reduce energy consumption.
- Cogeneration, self-generation, demand-limiting and power factor correction are not eligible for rebates.
- Mixed-use and commercial spaces within multifamily properties are ineligible for incentives.
- To be eligible for rebates and financing options (if applicable) pre-approval is required prior to purchase and installation.
- The Applicant must submit the following to: 1) Enter into the program: (i) Affordable Housing Application (ii) Affordable Housing Operating Agreement (iii) Applicable rent roll information (iiii) Three years of non-electric utility consumption, 2) Obtain pre-approval: i) Applicable quotes and worksheets and 3) Obtain a rebate payment: (i) Proof of Purchase from the distributor or retailer on the eligible products installed (ii) Rebate Request Form (iii) Any other information deemed necessary by Efficiency Nova Scotia.
- I understand and acknowledge that it is my responsibility to obtain all relevant permits required to install said equipment and to choose a qualified installation professional or contractor who maintains the required certifications necessary to safely complete installation of said equipment.
- Proof of Purchase includes invoice(s) indicating the size, type, manufacturer, model or part number, purchase date, and vendor of the efficient equipment or contractor performing the work. Efficiency Nova Scotia reserves the right to verify sales transactions.
- Efficiency Nova Scotia may contact me by phone, email, direct mail (or similar method) for the purposes of administration, implementation and evaluation and/or provide me with further information on this or other similar conservation-related services.
- Efficiency Nova Scotia may require the sharing and exchange of information between Efficiency Nova Scotia and third parties such as the Applicant’s electricity provider. In applying and receiving rebates, the Applicant hereby irrevocably consents to the release, use, storage and exchange of information between Efficiency Nova Scotia and necessary third parties, including but not limited to name(s), addresses, electricity usage history, credit reports, and phone number, for the purposes of administering rebates.
- Efficiency Nova Scotia does not guarantee the performance of installed equipment expressly or implicitly.
- Efficiency Nova Scotia does not endorse any manufacturers, products, or system designs in promoting this program.
- Efficiency Nova Scotia is a franchise operated by EfficiencyOne, official Licensee of the Province of Nova Scotia. By providing your consent you agree to release your personal information to the current and successive holders of the Efficiency Nova Scotia franchise.
- The Applicant will provide Efficiency Nova Scotia with reasonable access to the Installation Address to inspect the product installation. Efficiency Nova Scotia reserves the right to withhold, revise or reclaim any rebate until it has performed a satisfactory post-installation verification.
- New construction projects are not eligible for incentives in this program.
Payment of Rebates
- Rebates are for new equipment only, cannot be combined with any other Efficiency Nova Scotia offer and are subject to change without notice.
- Efficiency Nova Scotia may at its sole discretion, approve or reject any rebate at any time.
- Allow 60 days for delivery of payment. Submitting your application with incomplete or missing information will delay processing of payment.
- For eligible rentals, rooming houses, non-bed facilities and co-operative properties, Efficiency Nova Scotia’s maximum rebate payment will not exceed eighty per cent (80%) of the eligible net project costs and its associated installation costs. Rent free properties may be eligible for up to one hundred percent (100%) of the net project costs.
- Applicants and/or contractors are responsible for all costs associated with sales tax, and disposal / recycling. The Applicant is responsible for any tax liability of rebate payment.