Whether you’re constructing a new commercial building, planning an expansion or undertaking a major renovation, our team of experts can help you incorporate energy-efficient design features to optimize the building’s performance and minimize energy use. The Commercial New Construction Program provides support for whole-building energy modeling as a design tool and offers incentives to help offset the capital cost of efficient construction. Suitable for commercial, institutional, and multi-unit residential building new construction projects.
Contact us by completing the form or call 1-877-999-6035 to talk to an Energy Solutions Advisor.
Project must be in design phase (pre-construction)
- Total conditioned area must be at least 15,000 ft²;
- Project must be located in Nova Scotia and save electrical energy;
- Project must be defined as one of the following:
- A new structure;
- An addition to an existing structure;
- A major renovation of a building 15,000 ft² (1,394 m²) or greater;
- Project must implement at least two energy efficient measures
- Project must achieve a reduction in total building energy consumption of at least 25% and at least 100,000 kWh of electricity savings.
Incentive rates for New Construction or Major Renovation Projects:
Incentives are applicable to total electricity savings as determined through energy modeling.
|Tier 1||Total performance 25-50% better than baseline||$0.13 per kWh|
|Tier 2||Total performance 51-60% better than baseline||$0.14 per kWh|
|Tier 3||Total performance 61-99% better than baseline||$0.15 per kWh|
|Tier 4||Total performance 100% better than baseline (Net Zero)||$0.18 per kWh|
Not-for-profit (NFP) & charitable organizations: additional $0.02/kWh, subject to ENS approval.