Whether you’re constructing a new commercial building, planning an expansion or undertaking a major renovation, our team of experts can help you incorporate energy-efficient design features to optimize the building’s performance and minimize energy use. The Commercial New Construction Program provides support for whole-building energy modeling as a design tool and offers incentives to help offset the capital cost of efficient construction. Suitable for commercial, institutional, and multi-unit residential building new construction projects.
Contact us by completing the form or call 1-877-999-6035 to talk to an Energy Solutions Advisor.
Project must be in design phase (pre-construction)
- Total conditioned area must be at least 15,000 Ft²;
- Project must be located in Nova Scotia and save electrical energy;
- Project must be defined as one of the following:
- A new structure;
- An addition to an existing structure;
- A major renovation of a building 15,000 Ft² (1,394 m2) or greater;
- Project must implement at least two energy efficient measures
- Project must achieve a reduction in total building energy consumption of at least 15% or 100,000 kWh, whichever is higher
Incentive rates for New Construction or Major Renovation Projects:
- $0.10 per kWh for projects with total energy savings less than 40% compared to code baseline
- $0.12 per kWh for projects with total energy savings greater than 40% compared to code baseline
- Incentives are applicable to total electricity savings as determined through energy modeling.