Retrofit, manage, and save. Your way.
The Pay for Performance (P4P) program offers eligible organizations financial incentives for making substantial reductions in electricity consumption within their facilities. The flexibility of the program means property owners and operators can make improvements to their facilities as they see fit.
This program supports a variety of energy efficiency upgrades so that participants can receive incentives for actual energy savings, rather than individual upgrades. Retrofit incentives are based on a building’s realized energy performance verified at the meter and paid upon verification of at least a 10% reduction in electrical energy consumption.
- Eligible projects will receive an incentive of $0.10/kWh based on verified first year energy savings.
- Covers a wide range of participant requirements and a variety of energy efficiency initiatives.
- Offers participants the freedom and flexibility to retrofit their building how they want.
- Designed to support deeper savings beyond the low-hanging fruit, including capital and non-capital measures.
- Reduced administrative burden to estimate energy savings and complete rebate applications.
- Supports multiple upgrades in one single transaction and can help achieve energy savings of 10% or more.
- Enhances workspace comfort and productivity, reduces operating costs, and increases the building’s value.
Have a question regarding the Pay for Performance Program?
Contact us by completing the form or call 1-877-999-6035 to talk to an Energy Solutions Advisor.
The P4P program is open to institutional, not-for-profit, and commercial (including multi-unit residential) customers that have not yet entered a binding agreement to acquire the desired energy efficiency measures or services required to install the measures.
Projects may be eligible for the P4P program if:
- The facility is served directly or indirectly by Nova Scotia Power Inc.
- Target project savings are greater than 10% reduction of annual energy consumption per facility included in the project
- Consume at least 1,000,000 kWh annually*
- Can combine up to 5 buildings to meet this requirement
- Have a minimum of 12 months of interval meter data of typical usage, at hourly resolution or better, from a revenue-grade meter*
*Exceptions may be considered at the discretion of Efficiency Nova Scotia.
For full program eligibility requirements view the P4P Program Guide.