Retrofit, manage, and save. Your way.
The Pay for Performance (P4P) Program offers businesses financial support to help them implement technical improvements in their facilities as they see fit.
This program supports a variety of energy efficiency upgrades so that participants can receive incentives for actual energy savings, rather than individual upgrades. Customized for every retrofit, incentives are based on a building’s energy performance verified at the meter and paid upon verification of a 10% reduction in electrical energy consumption.
- Covers a wide range of participant requirements and a variety of energy efficiency initiatives.
- Offers participants the freedom and flexibility to retrofit their building how they want.
- Reduced administrative burdens to estimate energy savings.
- Supports multiple upgrades in one single transaction and can help achieve energy savings of 15-20%.
- Enhances workspace comfort and productivity, reduces operating costs, and increases the building’s value.
Have a question regarding the Pay for Performance Program?
Contact us by completing the form or call 1-877-999-6035 to talk to an Energy Solutions Advisor.
The P4P program is open to to institutional, not-for-profit, and commercial (including multi-unit residential) customers that have not yet entered a binding agreement to acquire the desired energy efficiency measures or services required to install the measures.
Projects may be eligible for the P4P program if:
- The facility is served directly or indirectly by Nova Scotia Power Inc.
- Target project savings are greater than 10% reduction of annual energy consumption per facility included in the project
- Consume at least 1,000,000 kWh annually*
- Have a minimum of 12 months of interval meter data of typical usage, at hourly resolution or better, from a revenue-grade meter*
*Exceptions may be considered at the discretion of Efficiency Nova Scotia.
For full program eligibility requirements view the P4P Program Guide.