Electric vehicle charging station rebates for your apartment or condo building.
This program helps you plan and implement a strategy that prepares your building for EV charging now and the future, where most of your building residents will require EV charging. It has two rebate components:
- The first is the EV Ready Plan rebate that helps participants develop a long–term EV charging strategy.
- The second is the EV Ready Charger rebate that supports the installation of eligible charging stations according to an EV Ready Plan.
- A building that is ‘EV Ready’ has an electrical outlet installed in each resident’s parking space that provides an electrical connection point for installing a level 2 charging station in the future.
- In order for a building to ensure they get EV Ready in the best way possible, participants will be required to hire an approved consultant to prepare an EV Ready Plan.
- An EV Ready Plan is your first step in the process.
- The EV Ready Plan is a guide for your EV charging infrastructure. It helps ensure your charging infrastructure can adapt to meet the long-term charging needs and guides the building to achieve EV Ready over time.
- The EV Ready Plan rebate doesn’t require you to install any charging stations or complete any electrical upgrades.
- After the plan is completed, you are eligible for EV Ready Charger rebates.
- The EV Ready Plan and EV Ready Charger rebates are available for both new construction and existing MURB buildings.
- An EV Ready Plan can be created by a consultant selected from Efficiency Nova Scotia’s Preferred Partner (EPP) network.
- The consultant will develop a plan that has signoff from a registered professional engineer (P.Eng).
For more info, download the EV Ready Plan Program Guide.
- Cost-effective installation, avoiding/minimizing costly electrical upgrades.
- Higher rebates per charging station and higher total rebate limits (compared to the Standalone EV Charger).
- Investment for your building and for long-term EV charging infrastructure.
- Providing fair access to all residents with a parking stall.
- This program assists you with your building’s initial stations to support early adopters or if your building has smaller, straightforward charging requirements.
- It doesn’t provide the same rebates that the EV Ready Charger does.
50% of eligible costs. Max $2,500 per charger/station (max $10,000 per building).
If you don’t know where to start, we’re here to help answer any questions you may have. To better understand your needs, please tell us a bit about your building by filling out the information request form below. We can help identify the program and rebates that will be the ideal fit for you.